Technical Information :
Chemical etching is a manufacturing method that is also being referred to as Photo etching and other terms. The technique stems from optical lithography. Chemical etching is a subtractive manufacturing process that removes metal mould in order to produce desired texture on moulds.
Chemical etching is highly suitable when you want to create complex, multi-layer, high-precision metal mould engravings.
Jai Ambey uses many types of material to perfrom this process such as
- Stainless Steels: Wide Range of Austenitic, Ferritic and Martensitic Stainless Steels,Mild Steel, Carbon Steel, Tool Steel, Spring Steel
- Aluminium: Including Aircraft/Aerospace grades
- Nickel Alloys: Inconels, Mu-Metal Mould, Alloy 42 (Nilo 42), Invar
- Copper: Including C110 and C101 (Oxygen Free)
- Brass, Phosphor Bronze, Beryllium Copper, Nickel Silver
- Many other materials
Chemical etching process can be performed to achieve any kind of texture or engraving on all kind of metal mould.